- Terms of Service
In order to purchase products from Mea BERNINA over the internet, you must first agree to these Terms of Service (Terms). You may not purchase products from Mea BERNINA if you do not accept the Terms.
You can accept the Terms by placing an order on our site and providing payment. In this case, you understand and agree that Mea BERNINA will treat your order as acceptance of the Terms from that point onwards.
You may not place an order and may not accept the Terms if (a) you are not of legal age to form a binding contract with Mea BERNINA, or (b) you are a person barred from doing business with Mea BERNINA under the laws of the United States or other countries including the country in which you are resident or from which you use the Mea BERNINA website.
You understand that all information (such as data files, written text, computer software, music, audio files or other sounds, photographs, videos or other images) which you may have access to as part of using the Mea BERNINA site may be protected by intellectual property rights which are owned by Mea BERNINA or the manufacturers, distributors or advertisers who provide that content to Mea BERNINA. You may not use any of that information without the express, written consent of the content owner.
You agree and understand that you are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of passwords associated with any account you use to access the Mea BERNINA site.
You further agree that you will be solely responsible to Mea BERNINA for all activities that occur under your account.
If you become aware of any unauthorized use of your password or of your account, you agree to notify Mea BERNINA immediately at meaBERNINA@sunflower.com.
MEA BERNINA RESERVES THE RIGHT TO CANCEL ANY ORDER.
IN THE CASE OF A MIS-PRICED ITEM ON THE WEBSITE, WE WILL MAKE EVERY EFFORT TO CONTACT YOU AND RESOLVE THE SITUATION AT THE CONTACT INFORMATION YOU PROVIDED IN YOUR ORDER.
YOU EXPRESSLY UNDERSTAND AND AGREE THAT MEA BERNINA SHALL NOT BE LIABLE TO YOU FOR:
a) ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL CONSEQUENTIAL OR EXEMPLARY DAMAGES WHICH MAY BE INCURRED BY YOU, HOWEVER CAUSED AND UNDER ANY THEORY OF LIABILITY.. THIS SHALL INCLUDE, BUT NOT BE LIMITED TO, ANY LOSS OF PROFIT (WHETHER INCURRED DIRECTLY OR INDIRECTLY), ANY LOSS OF GOODWILL OR BUSINESS REPUTATION, ANY LOSS OF DATA SUFFERED, COST OF PROCUREMENT OF SUBSTITUTE GOODS OR SERVICES, OR OTHER INTANGIBLE LOSS;
b) ANY LOSS OR DAMAGE WHICH MAY BE INCURRED BY YOU, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO LOSS OR DAMAGE AS A RESULT OF RELIANCE PLACED BY YOU ON THE COMPLETENESS, ACCURACY OR EXISTENCE OF ANY ADVERTISING OR PRICING THAT APPEARS ON THIS SITE;
c) THE LIMITATIONS ON MEA BERNINA’S LIABILITY TO YOU NOTED ABOVE SHALL APPLY WHETHER OR NOT MEA BERNINA HAS BEEN ADVISED OF OR SHOULD HAVE BEEN AWARE OF THE POSSIBILITY OF ANY SUCH LOSSES ARISING.
You agree that if Mea BERNINA does not exercise or enforce any legal right or remedy which is contained in the Terms (or which Mea BERNINA has the benefit of under any applicable law), this will not be taken to be a formal waiver of Mea BERNINA’s rights and that those rights or remedies will still be available to Mea BERNINA.
The Terms, and your relationship with Mea BERNINA under the Terms, shall be governed by the laws of the State of Kansas, USA. You and Mea BERNINA agree to submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts located within the county of Douglas County, Kansas to resolve any legal matter arising from the Terms.
- Payment, Shipping & Delivery
- We will ship to locations within the United States and selected international destinations including Australia, New Zealand, Japan, United Kingdom, France, Belgium, Germany and more. I'm sorry, but there are some countries that we are not shipping to at this time.
- Orders shipped to international destinations may be charged a fee for duties and taxes when your package is delivered. That fee is the responsibility of the customer and is not paid for by Mea BERNINA.
- Online payment is accepted through Paypal only. Paypal accepts Visa, Mastercard, American Express and Discover ccit cards or you can use your Paypal account balance if you have one. You may checkout as a guest if you do not wish to create a Mea Bernina account or Paypal account. Note that in store we only accept Visa and Mastercard due to high processing costs of other cards.
- To successfully checkout through Paypal:
- 1. Add items to your cart.
- 2. You can estimate shipping with the shipping calculator in your cart page. If the shipping calculator does not seem to be working, you can always call us and order over the phone at 1-800-397-7750.
- 3. When you are ready to pay, click on Proceed to Checkout.
- 4. If you have already registered with Mea Bernina, enter your user name and password. Click Login.
- 5. If you have not registered, you may checkout as a guest or create an account on our site. Simply check the appropriate button and click Continue.
- 6. Fill out the billing information. This is the name, address, etc of the person who will be using the credit card. Fields with a * must be filled out to process your order.
- 7. If you wish to ship to a different address, select the radio buttonnext to Ship to a Different Address at the bottom of the form. Then click Continue.
- 8. Select your shipping method. Please keep in mind that UPS does not ship to PO Boxes. If you put a PO Box as your shipping address, the merchandise will be shipped via USPS.
- 9. Click Continue and you will be redirected to the Paypal site.
- 10. If you have a Paypal account, login. If you do not and don't want to create one, click on the link that looks like this
- 11. Fill in your credit card and billing information. Click Review and Continue.
- 12. Follow the remaining prompts on the Paypal site to complete your transaction.
- If you would like to avoid shipping and handling, why not come visit our beautiful store in person. We would love to meet you.
- Privacy & Security
- Mea BERNINA places a high value on your privacy and securing the personal information you provided during account setup or checkout. Please remember that it is your responsibility to setup a strong password for your account and protect that password so your account cannot be misused. A strong password contains 9 or more characters and should not be easily guessed.
- Mea Bernina are owners of any information you voluntarily give us via email or other direct contact from you. We will not sell or rent this information to anyone.
- We will use the information you provide to respond to you if you need to contact us. We will not share your information with any third party outside of our organization, other than as necessary to fulfill your request, e.g. to ship an order.
- Returns & Replacements
- We want you to be satisfied with your purchase. If you purchase something from our site and it is not working as you expect, give us a call and we might be able to walk you through any issues you are having. If not, please read our return policies below.
- All returns will be provided with a like exchange, store credit or web site credit only. No cash or credit card refunds will be provided. We accept returns for 30 days from the date of your original purchase given the following restrictions:
To arrange for the return of an item simply contact us via phone or e-mail at email@example.com and explain to us why you wish to return the item. We will issue a Return Merchandise Authorization (RMA) number and provide instructions on returning your purchase. Returns without a Return Authorization Number will be refused delivery.
Unopened merchandise may be exchanged or returned for store/website credit. "Unopened" means that the contents have not been removed from its packaging, and all factory seals are unbroken. Basically, you haven't used it or opened the package and it is like new and we could sell it again. Say you clicked on the wrong pair of scissors when you were ordering and only realize it when they arrive, we would be happy to arrange for an exchange or provide you with store/website credit subject to the additional terms below.
- Opened merchandise may be returned, but only for online or in-store credit. Merchandise must be returned in its original factory carton (undamaged unit, Styrofoam, warranty card, instruction manual and all included accessories).
- Shipping costs on the original purchase are non-refundable. Items originally purchased with Free Shipping will have standard ground shipping fees deducted from any store/website credit.
- Extended Warranties are also non-refundable, and items with free Extended Warranties will have the retail price of the Extended Warranty deducted from the refund.
- If any machine is returned without its original factory box, we will not grant a credit. "Machines" includes sewing machines, sergers, irons, steamers, presses, and any other item that was packaged by the manufacturer and not by us.
Regarding items such as bobbins, presser feet, or any other sewing accessory that requests you to provide your machine brand and model: If you do not provide us with your machine information, we are not responsible for part incompatibility. You may exchange resulting incompatible products, but the required shipping costs shall be at the customer's expense.
Unless specifically noted as a "commercial" or "industrial" product, what we sell is not intended for commercial use. Any commercial use of a home sewing machine or vacuum constitutes abuse of the product and will void all warranties, including the 30 day return policy. Call if you are interested in purchasing commercial grade sewing machines or vacuums.
* Any item without original packaging
* All software (computer software, sewing software, embroidery software, embroidery patterns, etc)
* All fabric
* Extended Warranties
* All parts, accessories and notions (including, but not limited to, presser feet, cover plates, bobbins, bobbin cases, needles)
* All notions
* All thread
* Any special order items
If you receive an item that is defective, please call us and let us know what your problem is to arrange for a repair, replacement or item exchange.
- Used Machines:
We provide a 90 day parts and labor limited warranty on all used sewing machines and vacuums. We reserve the right to determine if a machine or vacuum has been abused and refuse to honor this warranty. For example, if you are moving and the vacuum falls off your truck and is damaged, we are not going to honor the warranty when it shows up in pieces at our door.
- If you are not a local customer who can travel to our store, you must pay to have the item shipped to us for any used machine warranty claims. Please call for issues with used machines and we will work out the details with you.
These return policies are subject to change at any time.
- All orders will be processed within 1-3 business days. Orders placed on Saturday or Sunday are processed on Monday if possible (some days we have clubs on Monday so we may not have time to process until the next day). Processing and shipping does not usually take place on weekends or holidays.
- Prices are subject to change at the sole discretion of Mea BERNINA.
- It is possible that we have mis-priced an item on the web site. In that case, we will make every effort to contact you based on the information you provided during check-out to notify you of the mistake and either continue your transaction at the correct price or cancel your transaction.
- Note that our authorized dealer contracts with BERNINA and Baby Lock do not allow us to sell most of their products through the web. We can only sell most BERNINA and Baby Lock items to customers who visit our physical store location in Lawrence, KS. We would love for you to come visit our beautiful store
- BERNINA and Baby Lock items should be priced at $0.00 and should not be able to be added to your cart. If for some reason, you are able to add them to your cart we will not be able to sell them to you at that price. These orders will be refused. We're sorry, but we have to follow the rules in our contract. BERNINA and Baby Lock details and photos are provided for informational purposes only.